Sunday 21 July 2013

Life as a vegicurean

Contrary to the many jokes often poked at vegetarians, yes I do eat "real food" ;) In fact, I'm quite the foodie. I love exploring the dining scene of any city I'm in, be it my hometown Melbourne or another city I'm visiting. I love thinking critically about what I'm eating and drinking. More recently, I've started experimenting more in my own kitchen too.

Now in my early 20s, I've already been meat-free for more than half my life. Being vegetarian can certainly make fulfilling culinary exploration a little more tricky - but has never been a hindrance to me. I always manage to unearth beautiful vegetarian-friendly meals somewhere.

I appreciate a venue which puts real thought into its vegetarian offerings, because so many places focus so heavily on their omnivorous offerings that at times, the vegetarian choices can suffer. More than once, I've dined at highly-touted institutions only to find that while my meat-eating friends enjoyed their food, I was left wanting.

Here on The Vegicurean, I plan to write reviews which focus on the herbivorous delights dished up by venues all over Melbourne, and sometimes beyond Melbourne. Occasionally I'll also include a snapshot of the things I cook at home. I hope my blog will be a useful resource for other vegetarian epicureans out there. 

Follow me on the vegicurean trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment